About the Instructor
HI. I’M SONESS.
COACH TO OVER 130+ TED & TEDX SPEAKERS
TED & 4-TIME TEDX SPEAKER
PUBLISHED ACADEMIC AUTHOR ON COMMUNICATIONS
Soness Stevens is a TED Global & 4-time TEDx speaker, coach to 130+ TED & TEDx speakers, and communications practitioner. Her stories move audiences from laughter to tears to standing ovations.
Soness’s talks connect, engage, and move audiences of 10 to 1,000, having transformed over 750,000 participants. Vulnerable and powerfully, she shares how we can change conversations professionally, personally, and in our relationships with her belief “listening is love.”
Her TEDx talk on “Have You Ever Felt Heard?” received two standing ovations. And her TEDx talk on “Miscarriage: What do you say?” changed the dialogue of how we are present with those grieving the loss of an infant, hopes, or identity.
Soness is a three-time published academic. As an Associate Professor of Business Presentation Skills at YNU, her research on communications revolutionized the university system, instilling autonomous learning and interactive teaching.
Soness’s emotive storytelling and exciting data engage the audience instantly. Her “Take action now!” philosophy creates interactive talks raising the audience on their feet applying the life-changing principles immediately!
Soness speaks around the world from North America to Asia to the Middle East at events including McKinsey, Disney, World Family, NHK, FOX, Google, Mobile World Congress, TED, TEDx, Softbank, Good Life Project, and National Digital Design Conference, the largest design conference in Pakistan. You may have seen Soness’s nationwide weekly broadcast communications TV show on NHK TV or previously on FOX Japan.
When she's not on stage speaking, you'll find her performing stand-up comedy. When life gives you lemons, make jokes.
Soness is the official English voice of Hello Kitty. She lives near the beach and practices Zazen Meditation at her local temple in Japan.
When an opportunity to speak knocks at your door, you gotta be fully prepared so you can say, "Yes, please and thank you!"
HOW CAN YOU PREPARE FOR OPPORTUNITY?
Create your "Origami Talk" to fold and refold into a TED-style talk, a keynote, and a workshop.
Yes, all three from the same core thesis because you make your core idea into a three-fold "Origami" Talk.
Most people talk about accordion talks that expand with a bunch of hot air.
We want talks that transform.
ORIGAMI ( A traditional Japanese paper-folding art form)
One square sheet of paper, folding into a crane (which represents hope) or a frog (Japanese "Kaeru" which sounds like frog or "change") or anything you desire.
ORIGAMI Talk takes one core thesis and transforms it (much like how we fold one origami square shape into a multitude of shapes) into a TED-style talk (4-18 minutes) to a keynote and a workshop. Folding them into three forms and beyond.
In this 3-month online workshop program, speakers move from Step On the Red Dot core thesis to Origami Talk. This program is your follow-up course to my “Step On The Red Dot™" program. You’ll create your full TEDx talk and work on speaking techniques that go beyond performing -- You’ll connect, engage and move audiences.
If you want to speak on a TEDx stage in 2019, this is your chance.
- Call Two: November 16, 17 (Region A, Region B)
- Call One: November 2, 3 1. North American Region 2. European Regions
- Call Three: November 24, Region B
- Call Four: December 1, Region B + Bonus Video "dealing with shoulder stiffness" by Yuji Kitano
- Call Five: December 8, 2018 Region B
- Call 6: December 15, 2018 Region B (Audio)
- Call 7: December 22, 2018, Region B (Video + Transcripts (to come))
- Call 8: January 5, 2019 Region A (chat Notes)
- Call 11: January 26, 2019 *(Region B) transcript
- Call 13: February 2, 2019 Region B
- Call 13: February 2, 2019 Region B (transcript)
- Call 13: February 2, 2019 Region B
- Call 14: February 9, 2019 Region A (how to charge)
- Call 15: February 16, 2019 Region A Refolding your TED talk into a Workshop
- Introduction: Back to Basics in Week 1
- 5 Types of TED Video: The Life Story Talk: Interview with Claire Ashman
- 5 Types of TED Video: The Quintessential Talk: Interview with Justine Froelker
- 5 Types of TED Video: The Not-End-All-Be-All, "Interview" with Soness
- 5 Types of TED Video: The Solutions Talk
- 5 Types of TED Video: The Creative Talk: Interview with Mireya Sampler
- (+ 1) Not TED but Got CRED talk: Interview with Kai Fujii